A roof protects primarily from weather effects. Depending on the nature of
the building and its structure, roofs can provide protection from heat, sun, cold or wind. The characteristics of a roof depend on the intended purpose of the building, but also on the local geography. Roof resistance is important because it is often the least accessible part of a building, in the case of repairs and renovations; at the same time, its destruction may have devastating effects.
Signs indicating the necessity of a roof replacement are:
- Large roof areas with curled shingles.
- Poor ventilation in the attic, which may be the cause of damaged sides of the roof and cracking paint on the outside or inside the house.
- Discoloration and stains in the attic, on the interior ceilings and on the walls. Stains may be caused by water infiltrations and mold formation and may indicate that the waterproofing of the roof tiles is defective or inadequate.
- Shingles lost their granulation (the granules can be found in the gutters).
- Roofing repairs are not efficient anymore, as problems keep occurring, your roof will need the work of a professional Dallas roofing company that is located near you.
- The age of the roof (the roof is older than it should be).
- The energy bills (when they go up without increasing comfort, it is wise to consider the reasons – and the reasons can be related to a roof that needs to be changed).