Gutters with leaf guards are a bit more expensive that plain gutters, but the benefits you can enjoy with these protective additions are priceless – here are the most important advantages:
- Longer life for your gutters – guarded gutters live longer because they are less exposed to corrosives and to debris that can cause physical damage such as punctures or cracks.
- Easy maintenance – gutters equipped with leaf guards are easier to clean and they allow home owners to prolong the period between two maintenance sessions, so leaf guards will help you save time and energy.
- Enhanced water protection for walls and siding panels – leaf guards hold up the debris and let only the water enter the gutter pipe, thus making the elimination of the water more efficient. Leaf guards optimize the performance of your gutters, so with properly installed, guarded gutters you can be sure that the walls of your house will stay dry even during the heaviest of rains.
- You can buy gutters that come out of the factory equipped with leaf guards or you can purchase leaf guards separately for your existing gutters. A skilled Dallas roofer can provide information on rain gutter solutions.
- You can choose from among many different types of leaf guards (e.g. bottle brush, mesh, nylon, plastic, etc.), so you can select the type that best suits the type of debris that you want to protect your gutters against.